John Duncan Forsyth, master architect for the Marland Estate, designed the original chauffeur's quarters and garage. Several architectural elements used in the mansion were implemented in a smaller version in the cottage, including the scalloped ceiling and fish-scale stone floor in the entry. The exterior limestone and red clay tile roof match the other original buildings on the estate.
The house included a living room, kitchen, and half-bath on the ground level, with two bedrooms, and a full bath upstairs, plus four garages and two carriage stalls.
Marland and his wife, Lydie, returned to Ponca City and the Marland Estate in 1939, following E.W.'s term as governor of Oklahoma. Forsyth remodeled the carriage area of the chauffeur's house into a bedroom and bathroom, and E.W. and Lydie made this cottage their home. They only opened the mansion occasionally for special events.
The restored cottage is furnished as Lydie's home might have looked in the 1940's. The north upstairs bedroom contains the Marland Family Exhibit, highlighting various elements of E.W. Marland's personal and public life - as a family man, a philanthropist, and a politician. Many original artifacts and memorabilia help portray the family fun activities such as polo and fox hunting, as well as the extravagant lifestyle of the Marland's when the spirit of the Oil Boom Days was really alive.